As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. Peachtree Woodworking Supply #ad
2 inch Diameter Bowl Sander with Dual Bearing Head and 2 inch Foam Hook and Loop Sander with 1/4 inch Mandrel and 9 inch Long Hardwood Handle #adPeachtree Woodworking Supply #ad
- When you need to finish sand the inside of your wood turned bowl it can be a challenge to keep the wood from showing scuff marks. The 9 inch long handle also helps keep your hands out of harms way. 120 grit, 10 ea. It’s all about the pressure, its all about the light pressure and consistent technique.
We have included the most common diameter sanding head with the bowl sander. This 2” head size works well on most bowl turning projects since it can work with larger or smaller work pieces. 220 grit hook and loop sanding discs. 80 grit, 10 ea. Please be aware however that some manufacturers say 1/4 inch in diameter when in actuality the diameter is either smaller or slightly larger.
Our bowl sander essentially fixes this issue by having a dual bearing, smooth rotating head that spins with the rotation of the bowl while the bowl is rotating on the lathe.
By applying light pressure and consistently moving the sander, you will achieve the results you are looking for and in a fraction of the time it typically takes when hand sanding your project. Using a piece of hand held sandpaper can also be somewhat dangerous. The head assembly is also capable of accepting other size sanders as long as the mandrel/shank size is 1/4 inch in diameter. When sanding with the 2 inch bowl sander, or more like, applying too much pressure will likely produce some unsightly results.
2. XQ_PJDX #ad
With 2 Inch Hook and Loop Sanding PU Pad and 11.8 Inch Long Hardwood Handle, Sanding Tool for Woodworking, Total 50 Pcs Sandpaper Discs in Grits 80/120/150/180/240, Bowl Sander #adXQ_PJDX #ad
- Bowl sanding tool -- -- no more burnt fingers, this is one of the easiest and best ideas for polishing / finishing / turning the inside of bowl, jug, goblet, vase and even more.
Grit -- -- sanding discs in 80/120/150/180/240 grit, each grit includes 10 Pcs, meets all general wood turning, total 50 Pcs, make the rough surface smooth and shiny. Hook and loop -- -- easy to attach or remove the sandpaper discs, will not fall off when using.
Safety and good grip -- -- sturdy construction, 11. 8 inch long ergonomic rotating handle design, that gives a better grip and helps to keep your fingers out of harm’s wa. Adjustable angle -- -- high quality sanding pad makes it much easier to get the pad to spin on the surface and allow the sanding disc to follow the wood more closely.
3. HandiyWS #ad
Wood Turning Lathe Sanding Tools Hand Held Bowl Sander with Rotatable Spindle Head 2 Inch 3 Inch Pads and 10 Discs #adHandiyWS #ad
- This keeps the sandpaper from digging in or causing unnecessary friction which tends to cause burning or marking your wood. Sand on lathe: the sander is used for finish sanding and polishing of wood work pieces while your project is still spinning on your lathe.
For more replacement parts, 2”, b08bqzmsr2 3" discs, please search B08BQZM57M 3" Pads, B08BRBMN4W 2" Discs. Protective handle: the 7 1/2” handle covered with soft and durable foam, anti-skid and shockproof, protects your palms from being worn out.
Angle adjustable: The head assembly can be set and locked at almost any angle. 4 pads in 2 sizes: comes with 4 foam padded heads, 3” in diameter, b08bqz83zl 2" pads, and 10 240-grit discs for each size. Rotatable head: the sander head rotates smoothly with the rotation of your workpiece.
4. Taytools #ad
Taytools 204055 Deluxe Rotary Bowl Sander Adjustable Angle with 3 and 2 Inch Hook and Loop Foam Pads #adTaytools #ad
- Adjustable bowl sander will effortlessly sand bowls to a fine finish while still mounted on the lathe. Sander avoids unsightly sanding marks often left when sanding by hand.
Kit comes with an adjustable head and handle, 4 soft foam sanding discs 2 each 3” and 2 each 2”, 4 arbors/shafts and an adjusting wrench. Head is adjustable in both directions to find the perfect angle for sanding. Sandpaper not included.
5. Shop Fox #ad
5/8-Inch, Woodstock D3805 Bowl Gouge #adShop Fox #ad
- Model number: D3805. Item package Weight: 1. 14 lb. High speed Steel. Item package dimension: 22. 5" l x 1. 5" w x 1. 5" h.
|Brand||Shop Fox #ad|
6. Robert Sorby #ad
Robert Sorby H9086 Sandmaster Bowl Sanding Tool with 2” Diameter Pad 10 1/2 “ Overall Length 410 #adRobert Sorby #ad
- This sand master is a perfect addition to any turner's tool kit. Sand master avoids marking often associated with sanding by hand. It allows both finished sanding and polishing of work pieces whilst still on the lathe.
|Brand||Robert Sorby #ad|
7. Peachtree Woodworking Supply #ad
Peachtree Woodworking Supply 2 inch Diameter Bowl Sander with Dual Bearing Head and 2 inch Foam Hook and Loop Sander with 1/4 inch Mandrel and 9 inch Long Hardwood Handle F26 #adPeachtree Woodworking Supply #ad
- 80 grit, 10 ea. Using a piece of hand held sandpaper can also be somewhat dangerous. Our bowl sander essentially fixes this issue by having a dual bearing, smooth rotating head that spins with the rotation of the bowl while the bowl is rotating on the lathe. This 2” head size works well on most bowl turning projects since it can work with larger or smaller work pieces.
120 grit, 10 ea. Please be aware however that some manufacturers say 1/4 inch in diameter when in actuality the diameter is either smaller or slightly larger. Unlike most other bowl sander head assembly’s, our bowl sander has two steel bearings to provide you with super smooth mandrel rotation while sanding on your lathe.
When you need to finish sand the inside of your wood turned bowl it can be a challenge to keep the wood from showing scuff marks. Also included 10 ea.
The head assembly is completely adjustable so it can be set to any angle that you need depending on the size and curve of your project. The 9 inch long handle also helps keep your hands out of harms way. 3 brass bushings of varying depths are included to make fitting sanders with different length mandrels/shanks easy. By applying light pressure and consistently moving the sander, or more like, its all about the light pressure and consistent technique. It’s all about the pressure, applying too much pressure will likely produce some unsightly results.
8. HongWay #ad
HongWay 300pcs 2 Inches Sanding Discs Pad Kit for Drill Grinder Rotary Tools with Backer Plate Shank and Soft Foam Buffering Pad, Sandpapers Includes 60-3000 Grit #adHongWay #ad
- Back technique: hook and loop. Size: 2inch50mm & no hole. Specification: 30 each of 60/120/180/240/400/600/800/1000/2000/3000 Grits. Accessories: 1 x hook backed panel, 2 x Soft Foam Buffering Pad, 1 x 1/4”metal shaft.
Application: widely used in the grinding and polishing of metal and non-metal, stone, rubber, leather, wood, plastic, glass and other materials.
9. Coceca #ad
Coceca 2 Inches 100pcs Sanding Discs Pad Kit for Drill Grinder Rotary Tools with Backer Plate a Quarter Inch Shank Includes 80-3000 Grit Sandpapers #adCoceca #ad
- Perfect for cleaning and polishing, they can be used with polishing agent to create a smooth surface. This is a perfect package of 100pcs sandpaper and 1 sanding pad with shank and 1 sponge cushion.
Size: 2 inch/50mm. Great for general polishing, and very flexible, to make the rough surface smooth and shiny. 3000 grit sandpapers are random color.
10. WEN #ad
WEN 3421 3.2-Amp 8" by 12" Variable Speed Mini Benchtop Wood Lathe #adWEN #ad
- Fits workpieces up to 12 inches long and 8 inches wide. Adjust the soft start variable speed motor anywhere from 750 to 3200 RPM. 3. 2-amp motor provides over 50% more power than most 8-inch wood lathes.
Perfect for pens, bowls, cups, chess pieces, and other small workpieces. Features a 2. 3-inch face plate, an MT1 spindle and tailstock taper, and two interchangeable tool rests.